Wonderings

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a GREAT Weekend!

I had one of the best surprises a father could get... Seeing one of my children! I know, that sounds kind of lame but let me explain...


My daughter Jordan got married last September and moved to Colorado Springs. Ok, I can deal, only 12 hours from Phoenix. Nathan, her husband, just got out of the Army (A special THANK YOU to him and to ALL Military Personnel. Without you and your sacrifices, we would not be who we are today!). Well, they are moving to Virginia for his Active Reserve time. His parents live out there and the kids have some great plans. BUT, that means that she is no longer 12 hours away, more like 3 DAYS away.

When I found out they were leaving, I asked them if they thought they would have a chance to come down to Phoenix and see us. They didn’t sound to hopeful, so I left it as I needed to save up some money and get Ruby and I out to visit them once they got settled.

Well, Saturday afternoon I got the Big Surprise! Jordan and Nathan WERE able to make it to Phoenix! I was almost speechless. For the first time in over 9 months, all five of my kids, their respective partners, and my 4 grand babies were all here! I was so happy!

I have to admit that Saturday and Sunday count as two of the most awesome days in my life. Special thanks to my loving wife, Ruby, my best friends Paul & Vicky and all those who knew and never told me! You all rock and are all much loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment